Maybe slightly off topic, but I haven't seen this in the news section yet...

From http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20070112025016466

The EU Commission's Final Report on its "Study on the Economic impact of open
source software on innovation and the competitiveness of the Information and
Communication Technologies (ICT) sector in the EU"... Oh, and what about loss
of productivity if you switch to OpenOffice.org? None:

    "Our findings report no particular delays or lost of time in the daily
work due to the use of OpenOffice.org.... OpenOffice.org has all the
functionalities that public offices need to create documents, spreadsheets,
and presentations."

It has another advantage, the study found: it supports ODF:

    "OpenOffice.org is free, extremely stable, and supports the ISO Open
Document Standard."
****

The study does mention the biggest costs are training costs, but these
generally last less than a year.
--
Fail to learn history-repeat it.
Fail to learn rights-lose them.