On Sunday 14 January 2007 8:36 am, James Knott wrote:
> Thomas Chilton wrote:
> > I know this is getting a little off-topic but I feel compelled to
> > preserve my good name! The date I was going from was in the
> > document itself...
> >
> > Modifications and updates
> > Version Date Description of Change
> > 0.1 1 July 2004 First draft
> > 1.0 28 November 2004 First published edition
> >
> > Apologies
> > Tom
>
> The current version shows a publish date of May 7 2006 and based on
>  OO version 2.0.2

     Isn't this getting way out of hand? Many of the posters to this
thread are not paying close attention to what is contained in it. In
many cases of opposite views, both are absolutely right, so why the
continued posting?
    Here is the crux of the whole problem:
(1) http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/oooauthors/
(2) http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/oooauthors2/
are two different web pages. (1) has documents written in *.swx and
were written in late 2004 and into 2005 for OOo 1.1.x. (2) has
documents written in PDF and are for OOo 2.x. These have published
dates in 2006, and some will be published early this year.
    Please, before posting anything more on this thread, go to both of
these web pages and look at the Migration Guide contained in it.
Check out the dates. (1) will likely have a date of 2004, and (2)
will likely have a date of 2006.  Enough already!

Dan

Dan