TerryJ wrote:

> KAMI-3 wrote:
>
>> Harold Fuchs írta:

>>> Terry, thanks.
>>>
>>> Did you mean that one of the organisation's goals is to make life
>>> difficult for networks ??? That's how it reads, at least to me. If
>>> that's what you meant, why, please?
>>>
>>> Harold Fuchs
>>> London, England
>>>
>> Navigate to File - Templates - Manage - then select your template...
>> Right click on it the make it default.
>>
>> KAMI
>>

> Kami, that's my point.  You are talking about a single user.  That method is
> simply impracticable in a network.  How does the administrator of a network
> set default templates for all users, install macros for use by all users or
> implement other default settings for all users?
>
> There are workarounds for some of those issues but the software is
> network-unfriendly.  Perhaps that is the intention - networks should use
> StarOffice.  (I don't know whether that's any better.)  The ootech solution
> is available only for Windohs! networks.
>
> Regards.

In my experience, there are two common techniques.

1) Images - you create a standard image and distribute it
2) Install scripts - You run the script to install & configure apps.

Often the two methods are combined, where the image forms the base and
then the appropriate script is run, to customize the system for the
target role.  Does OO not have such a custom install method?