Valid point of view.
What I am thinking of is the other people.  If you want OO to make
inroads into the areas that MSO is dominant, that means dealing with
their customers and their needs.  You at least have to look like you are
listening.  Even if you don't agree, you need to be prepared to give a
valid argument to them on the opposite side.
An e-mail client is a dead issue for me, either way.  I work with
Thunderbird and am happy as a pig in mud with it.  But I try to think
about the people that will argue for integration and what you say to them.