mud wrote:

> i have twice tried to download the openoffice update
> using seamonkey.  both times the download goes within
> a few kilobytes of completion as shown on the
> "download manager" screen and then freezes.  one of
> the two times it crashed seamonkey, the other time
> just closing the download manager unlocked the
> browser.
>
> bill topp

I suggest you use software other than the browser to download.  I only use
Firefox to download when I have no choice or the file is very small.  At
present, I'm reduced to using Kget (I have a Linux OS) which happily
downloads files several times larger than OpenOffice.  Bittorrent is
excellent.

There is a list of download managers at http://download.openoffice.org/ and
that list is almost certainly not exhaustive.