[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi, Mature student about to go in the real world out there, about to buy new computer on credit with Windows Vista Premium home/Small Business, need to buy student version of CAD (can't afford the commercial version), Coreldraw student version also, Microsoft office Home/Student or Small Business...Suddenly the software expense is amounting to almost half as much as the hardware I need ! ... and I start raving and runting about how much a rip off this is and how Win 95 and Win 98 packages included office as standard and in those days you could get free downloads on other softwares... so my son told me about openoffice ... great idea ... happy to make donation ... however my son does not know if openoffice will be compatible with "Windows Vista" latest Bill Gates baby ! which seems to come with every offer that fits my needs, budget and cash flow situation. I contacted you a couple of days ago and haven't heard from you yet. Please help the single mother on a new career path who has to keep up with computer technology and who is building a headache trying to do a good job of it on a limited budjet !

Perhaps you missed it, but there was a reply to that question, though I don't know if it was in reply to your message. According to what I've read here, OpenOffice should run in Vista.

BTW, I don't recall MS Office ever being included with Windows 95 or 98 or any other version for that matter. However, some computer vendors included it, often illegally.