I would be very happy to have a copy of your article.  Firther, why donot
you offer it to theauthours for documentation
Chris

On 15/01/07, robert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Monday 15 January 2007 10:47, Andreas Siegert wrote:
> What I find messy is that there are list styles and then this free form
> stuff which is somewhat structured that has no link to the styles.
> For structured working I would prefer the list styles. But they seem to
be
> inconsistent.
>
> > Outline numbering is quite different from a bulleted or numbered list
and
> > they are managed independently (although I have seen people using
> > numbered list for creating outline headings, now that's advanced
stuff!).

> Why are there list styles and then all this other numbering/bullet
styles?
> Why not just assign list styles (which can be designated as outlines as
> well) to paragraphs an be done with it and have the formating icons
select
> the appropriate thing (if one has to have the formatting icons)?
>
> What you call advanced stuff is standard in any structured text system I
> used so far. And I think OO should be able to handle it easily, but got
> sidetracked and now has a mix of methods that are neither well
integrated
> nor well separated making it rather confusing, it actually feels more
> messed up than Word if that is possible at all.
>
> All the docs I have seen so far is for beginners not explaining how to
> really work with structured consistent texts adapted to given (by a
> publisher) layout constraints.
> Can't use it for book projects (replacing FrameMaker) before I have that
> properly in order.
>
> cheers
> afx

It took me a while to figure out, but there are actually 4 different ways
of
numbering (and bulleting) in OOo Writer. And it is not at all obvious, and
easy to get them mixed up, which is what leads to much of the confusion I
think (at it did for me).

I have yet to see a good (or even decent) article or tutorial on numbering
and
bulleting in Writer, so I am currently writing one (6 pages complete
without
pictures so far) for a magazine I volunteer for (i.e. I don't get paid for
the articles. :^[ ), now that I think I have the numbering systems figured
out. If anyone wants to see a draft once I get it to point I would be
willing
to show someone, I will happily post a link to the list (or off-list).
--
Fail to learn history-repeat it.
Fail to learn rights-lose them.