John Meyer wrote:
James Knott wrote:
That's an OEM version, meant to be installed on a new computer.  How
much does it cost off the shelf at a regular retailer, such as Staples? In Canada, the upgrade (from previous version of MS Office) price is
$299 and the full, new install package is $497 and it will not install
on Windows 98 or Me.  On the other hand, OO is a free download and can
be installed on W98 & Me.

True, but how many people you know out there actually purchase MSO on
their own, rather than either downloading an illegal copy or waiting
until their computer gives up the ghost.

Also, at least when I bought my last copy of MS Office (XP), back in 2002 or 2003 I think it was, the version that most closely resembles OOo, was even more than $497. The version I am talking about had Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.

--
WalterAM
http://walteram.com