Stephanie Boulee wrote:
I have a problem: when I insert a frame and happen to click on the tab "Macro" a dialog box pops up telling me that I need to install Java. I cannot get rid of this dialog box and OpenOffice completely freezes at this point and I have to Ctrl+Alt+Delete to close Open Office. I am now VERY careful not to click on that tab, but I'd hate to lose something if I click on it again by accident. I know almost nothing about Macros and have no need for Java, hence the reason I have not installed it on my system. Here's exactly what that dialog box says:

"JRE Required

OpenOffice.org requires a Java runtime environment (JRE) to perform this task. Please install a JRE and restart OpenOffice.org.

OK"

Just in case anyone's interested: I solved this problem on my own with a suggestion from my husband without having to install Java. I just hit Alt+F4 several times until it went away and I could work again. I guess that was a "duh" on my part.