On Monday 15 January 2007 19:41, + Robert STEVENS wrote:
>  [ MODERATED ] ***********************
> Dear Open Office:
> This is to report an apparent bug in the Paste-As function
>
>     Using OOo 2.0.4 Calc on a Win'2k platform I find:-
> 1a)    Copy > Paste
> Work for columns.
>
> 1b)    But if I:
>         Select a set of columns > Copy > Paste-as-RTF
> The program goes 'not responding';
> The memory it uses increases (over the minute or so I was willing to let it
> continue to run).
>
> 2a)    If I:
>         Select an area from top-left to bottom-right > Copy > Paste
> The data is pasted to the same area.
>
> 2b)    But if I:
>         Select an area from top-left to bottom-right > Copy > Paste-as-RTF
> The data is written to an area starting in the bottom-right cell.
>
> In my humble opinion, as a user, the two paste functions should work on the
> same area -- and as a user I would expect that area to be the area
> selected.

Can you please report this in issuezilla ? ( http://openoffice.org -> "My
Pages" -> "Register", then when you receive a confirmation email, "Login"
and "File an issue" )
In this way the relevant developers will see your bug report / suggestion and
you will also see the progress of this feature / bug report if it is
accepted.

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor

                                http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ