You can modify the properties of the frame.  Select no boundary.

Stephanie Boulee wrote:

John Meyer wrote:
I was wondering if there is a program that would allow me to type on top
of a PDF and print that out?  I've tried OpenOffice and Scribus, and
neither seem to work with this particular PDF.  Any suggestions?
I thought I'd experiment with this to see if there was a way to do it. Here's what I was able to do:
1.  Open document with Adobe Reader.
2.  Click on the camera/snapshot tool.
3. Select the portion of the document you want by dragging the box over it (like drawing a square) 4. This copies your selection to the clipboard. Open OpenOffice Writer and Paste your selection (right click, paste). It now will function like a picture/graphic. 5. You can Insert a Frame (text box) or Picture over the pdf graphic and put them in any order. (tip: make sure to deselect so you can insert things.)

I have not been able to find a way to make the frame transparent so only the text shows up. Does someone else have an answer to that?

Stephanie