On Thursday 25 January 2007 8:40 am, Abu_Adam Al-Naruujiy wrote:
> If you set language settings to Arabic numerals, then OO displays
> Arabic numerals, regardless of the font, and the same is true for
> setting it to Hindi. Likewise, if you choose "System" in OO it will
> display the numeral that is the  default of the locale, regardless
> of the font. If I set it to Hindi and then write using Times New
> Roman or whatever in English, I will get Hindi numerals with
> English text.
>
> Please beware that Hindi numerals is what is traditionally used in
> Arabic, while Arabic numerals is what is used in western languages
> -- just to avoid confusion ((:-).
>
> Abu Adam

     I assume you are talking about the settings in
Tools > Options > Language Settings > Languages. What are your
settings in this window when you set the language settings to Arabic
numerals? What are they when you set the language settings to Hindi?
     If they are different, then there might just be a solution. But I
need this information before I can suggest one.

Dan