---- Original Message ----
From: Casey
To: 'Harold Fuchs'
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 7:39 PM
Subject: [users] RE: [Polesoft Antispam]Sending Spreadsheets via e-mail
(was Re: [users] [moderated] YOU MUST GIVE A SUMMARY HERE)

> Thanks for that information.  Let me let you in on what I am trying
> to do.   I have excel here at my office.  All of my managers have
> open office.  I have created a spreadsheet in excel for all of the
> managers to use.  They fill out the spread sheet every day in open
> office and the send it back to me.  The reason I want the spreadsheet
> sent back from open office in the body of the email is because I have
> outlook.  I have created a rule for every email address of all of my
> managers to do this:
> Move the email to a designated folder automatically
> Print the message automatically
> The problem is that outlook does not have a rule that opens up and
> attachment and then move the attachment to a specific folder and
> print it.  The only thing that it will do is send the email to a
> specific folder and print the body of the email.  So you see I am
> trying to not waste time by downloading and printing 30 attachments
> that come into my office everyday. CAN YOU STILL HELP ME WITH THAT..
> Casey Stokes
<snip>

Minimally.

You could search the Microsoft forums for a script that knows how to "detach"
an Outlook attachment and save it in a directory/folder somewhere. If you can
do that, then I think you can get another script written that will
automatically run Calc (or Excel) and print each file in that folder. You need
three things:
1. To install OpenOffice yourself unless your managers are sending you their
results in Microsoft format in which case read "Excel" where I say "Calc" below.
2. A Windows guru who knows how to manipulate Outlook attachments and write
relatively trivial "Batch" (script) files.
3. Someone who knows how to make Calc/Excel behave in a scripted environment.
When/if you find the first two and the guru starts asking, come back here for
the third - unless you end up using Excel in which case we can't help.

Harold Fuchs
London, England