Harold:

For the ordinary user, configuring Thunderbird is beyond their capabilities.
We make assumptions and
some of them are wrong.  If you want to look at the headers (which is what I
stated), you have to look
at the full header data.  Of course, you can set up a filter to pop those
messages into a secondary mail
box and look at them.  It is possible to filter on any of the 'hidden' header
data.  However, I like to thread
messages and this is broken if I use two different mailboxes.

As to comment 3, that is a shortcoming of Outlook Express.  I don't use it (I
use Thunderbird at home
the full LookOut program at work), and probably never will, since Microsoft
does not have a version
for the Mac and I only use my WindowsXP system for testing and development off
of the 'net.

BTW, I took this technical discussion off of the list as it has nothing to do
with addressing User issues
but is more a my toy is better than your toy message.

James McKenzie