-------- Original Message --------
From: Lou & Lynn St.Amant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon 29 Jan 2007 06:15:14 EST

> I am trying to get started with v. 2.1.  I'm getting a message that a
> JRE is required but there's no link.  I went to Sun and found so many
> that I'm totally confused.
>
> Is there a direct link to the proper download anywhere?
>
> Thanks for your help.

You haven't told us which operating system you are using, but since you
posted your message using outlook express I am guessing some flavour of
MS Windows.

Go to: http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp and click on the
"Download" button to the right of "Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6"
heading on that page. On the subsequent page *Read The Information* and
select the "Sun Download Manager" thing, or choose either the on-line or
off-line Windows Installation.

Hope this helps.

Dave
include some indication that you are not subscribed to this list.
(eg. "I am not subscribed to this list, please CC: me.")

For on-line support see: http://support.openoffice.org/index.html
For a knowledge base see: http://mindmeld.cybersite.com.au/