> It is clear to me that there is some kind of bug in the version 2.04
> that I have. I went to openoffice.org thinking I would file a bug
> report about it, but I'll be darned if I can find the page where you
> file bug reports.

Its not very obvious, you need to open the openoffice.org home page and
click on "My pages". You are then required to register or log in. Once
you have done so there are links on the left allowing you to file/search
issues etc. The direct link to the login page is:
http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/StartPage

> I also thought I would check out the possibility of installing 2.10.
> The only version listed in the repositories that I have in my
> sources.list file is 2.04, so if I am going to install 2.10 I need to
> find an appropriate .deb file. I went all over openoffice.org and I
> can't find one word anywhere about what architecture the download files
> are for. I can download a tar.gz file for 2.10, but it doesn't say if
> it will install on a 64-bit Linux distribution.

I run Gentoo, but this page(and its links) may be of use.

Barrie