I no longer use Open Office, too much of a hassle.Thanks anyway.

----- Original Message ----- From: "CPHennessy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@openoffice.org>; "Sandee Gannon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, January 29, 2007 4:29 PM
Subject: Re: [users] autocorrect issues

On Friday 01 December 2006 13:08, + Sandee Gannon wrote:
 [ MODERATED ] ********************
a.. I am using version 2.0.4 of OpenOffice.org. My problem is : When using
autocorrect in Writer. If I use a word in the AutoCorrect list at the end
of a sentence followed by a punctuation mark it does not get expanded. Ex. in AutoCorrect I set rtr to be replaced with return and type the following: The patient will rtr. In Microsoft Word this would be recognized as the end of the sentence ant rtr would be expanded to return. In OO it does not
expand.

Another problem is, using the same example from above, if I type the
sentence - Rtr for further assessment- in MS Word it would expand as Return
rather than return. In OO it expands as return (not capitalized).

Sorry for the late reply.

Can you please report this in issuezilla ? ( http://openoffice.org -> "My
Pages" -> "Register", then when you receive a confirmation email, "Login"
and "File an issue" )
In this way the relevant developers will see your bug report / suggestion and
you will also see the progress of this feature / bug report if it is
accepted.

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor

http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ