Yes, it's a known issue. OO cannot play music that lasts for the whole of the presentation, only for the slide that's displayed.

Arnold Huzen

Louise Baribault schreef:
I am using Open Office vers 2 (the Latest), when I open a
power point file with music associated with each slide, the
music plays for the 1st slide then quits for the rest of the
presentation.

This file works fine with power point. Is this a known problem
or do I have to specify a parameter somewhere?

Any help or suggestions will be much appreciated.

I am using Windows XP with service pack 2

Louise Baribault