Dear Dan,

I REALLY  like open office and have used it for sometime as my main office
suite.  I have a Dell Desktop running MS Window's XP Professional and a
whitebox desktop running Linspire.  I use one operating console, switching
between the two computers via a KVM switch operated via the keyboard.

I print from the MS computer through a Lexmark P6250 and from the Linux box via
an old HP PSC 1210.  For a long time I used dialup 56.6 modems in each computer
but a while back we put in cable for the TV's and added a cable modem which is
very speedy.

My dad's parents were born in the 1880's and homesteaded in "no man's land"
(which later became the panhandle of Oklahoma) in 1903.  They saw people go
"from the backs of animal's to the moon".  Telegram's, telephones, electric
lighting, running water, indoor toilets, radio, moving pictures, television,
all came into use during their lifetime.  Technology is advancing like a blur.
Advances in computer speed and capability, the internet,cell phones, satellite
radio, TV...
I can't read, learn, buy, fast enough to keep up.  Human nature hasn't and
won't change but the world we live in has and will.

Have a good, day, week, year, life.

Lloyd S. Vance
Mesquite, Texas USA

TV dinner still cooling?