Dan Lewis wrote:
> On Thursday February  01 2007 6:22 am, Uwe Fischer wrote:
>> Keith Bates wrote:

>> > Daylight Savings is usually handled by the operating system (eg
>> > Windows).
>>
>> so it will happen some months later this year, unless you pay for
>> the Beta? ;-)
>
>       Mandriva Linux and possibly other Linux distributions have a
> small program that will keep the computer clock in sync with the
> atomic clocks on the web. Does Windows have a similar program? I
> would think so. For those in the USA using Windows, it should just be
> a matter of installing and then running the program while connected
> to the internet. At least this would be a good starting point.
>
> Dan

I'm sure glad I finally have *all* of my primary systems converted to
linux... note this part in the "letter":

<quote> and <cough>
 Microsoft is providing the Time Zone updates at no-cost for customers
on Windows platforms that are covered by Mainstream Support.  For more
information on the Microsoft Support Lifecycle Policy including options
available for products in Extended Support, please visit
http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle.
</quote>

And if you go to http://www.microsoft.com/windows/timezone/dst2007.mspx
you'll see that M$ won't provide a free fix for Windows 2000/2000P/2000
Server/Win98x.

However they are kind enough to point out:

<quote>
All versions of Windows can be manually updated using the tzedit.exe
utility or other techniques documented in Knowledge Base article 914387,
webcast 930688, and similar articles for other countries, which is the
preferred method of remediation for any product outside of Mainstream
Support. (The tzedit.exe tool allows you to create and edit time zone
entries for the Date/Time settings in the Control Panel, especially for
daylight-saving time).
</quote>

Anyway, back to the OP's question:

> Is OpenOffice compliant with the Daylight Savings Time change happening
> in March?
>
> Thanks!

Answer is yes... as long as your OS or computer clock sync device/site
is :-) And if you are going to use ntp to sync your clock, please
consider using the ntp pool servers instead of direct ntp timeservers, see:
http://www.pool.ntp.org/