In addition to what Wade Flemming wrote, you can add calendaring functionality
to Thunderbird with the Lightning-extension. If you prefer a stand-alone
calendar, you may want to look at Sunbird. Thunderbird, Sunbird and the
Lightning-extension can be downloaded from http://www.mozilla.org/products/ .

Arnold Huzen