If you have Adobe Acrobat (not reader), you can use the pdf writer plugin to turn the publisher docs into a PDF.
PDFs can be marked up with the acrobat program.
I had a few dozen Publisher documents that I have "converted" to pdfs in this manner in my goal of purging MS from my computers.

hjd

Dave Evans wrote:
Hi there
  My version of MS Publisher (2000) - which I use a lot in my job as a teacher
- is currently very creaky. Some templates won't work, it's beyond the support
from Microsoft date, etc.
  I am seriously considering downloading Open Office, but I don't want to have
to redo all the stuff I've done in Publisher, if I can avoid it.
  Can Open Office open - and allow me to edit/ save files I've created in
Publisher?
  Thanks

Dave Evans

A smile a day keeps insanity at bay