TerryJ wrote:

James Lockie wrote:
Whenever I am in a table, a window pops up with what it thinks will be useful tools.
Bulleted text has another toolbar window.
I want to see what I have written and these popups are very annoying so how do I turn them off?

I use Gentoo and they are unable to help me.

You may be referring to those infernal context-sensitive toolbars.  You can
make them go away with View >Toolbars >[de-select the toolbar]

I docked them and then turned off the toolbar and it is fixed now. :-)