-----Original Message-----
From: Will Kramer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 3:37 AM

Is it practical to have a spreadsheet with more than say a million cells (on a fast computer with 256 mb of ram)? I have 30000 rows by 40 columns of data that I want to do a couple of calculations for on each row and then sort the rows. Is one of calc, gnumeric, excel more efficient at this?

(I probably will be linched for that, but here it goes)
In my experience Excel generally is faster, except maybe in certain
cases.
But you should try all 3 spreadrsheet apps.