Wayne Murray wrote:
I use Open Office v. 2.1

When copying and pasting selected text from an email to an OOo text file a
table format is introduced.  When I do the same thing to a .doc file in MS
Office there are no problems and no table introduced.  To use OO I have to
copy and paste to an MS Word file then copy this to the OOo file. Very
inconvenient.

Wayne Murray
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi,

I think this depends on the used email program. I have no problems with Thunderbird. Perhaps it helps to use "Edit - Paste Special..." (or <STRG><Shift>V) and choose "Unformatted Text".

Peter