Hi!

Evolution (part of gnome) is something more like outlook in measures of functionality, if you are staying with Linux. Koffice has vary nice PIM manager which is integrated with KDE. Both projects are starting windows porting. Under windows there are not so many alternatives. Thunderbird + Sunbird seems to be more promising, if you are looking for desktop applications.

Andis

Pieter Louw wrote:
Pieter Louw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 18:53:57 +0000
(GMT)
From: Pieter Louw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Ms Outlook counterpart
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 Hi

We envisage installing Linux only on our new IT system - we are a new startup
company with around 5 staff but we will grow fairly fast.

We need a server and 5 users PC's, plus 2 users whom will log in from anywhere in the world. We need Outlook functionality but prefer not to do Microsoft, mainly for security considerations. We were thinking of OpenOffice 2.1 but the diary system cum personal organiser is still missing.
What is available in the Linux enviro and how do we get it to test?

Thanks for your response.
Kind regards
  Pieter Louw
  The all-new Yahoo! Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from
your Internet provider.

Kind regards
  Pieter Louw