Kirill wrote:

1. You have to define the styles first. Not only that requires more than
5 clicks, but some knowledge. This raises more entry barriers for new

Setup your default style sheet with a set of styles for each language
you use.  When you upgrade OOo, take the default style sheet with you.
[This is how I got roughly 5K styles in my default style sheet.][It
might be faster if the styles table could be hand edited   That way
one could simply do a search/replace for each language that one uses.]

2. Still it should not be necessary - user already indicated the language by
switching keyboard layout.

I switch to the ZA Keyboard. What language is my document in?

I switch to a Hebrew keyboard.  What language is my document in?  [If
you said Ladino, you scored two points.  Any other language would be
wrong.]

The point I am making here is that there is not a one to one
correspondence between keyboard layout and language that is being
written---especially for languages that use the Latin writing system.

3. Competition already does this for all languages (for 10 years
already!), we already know how to do this for Asian languages, so why

If you look at Issue #  1035, you will see that it was closed, because
whilst it was done for Windows, it could not be implemented in *nix.

not allow layout switch to change the language of text?

Asian languages tend to have their own writing system. Western
languages tend to use one of two major writing systems.  [Latin and
Cyrillic.]

xan

jonathon
--
OOo can not correct for incompetence in creating documents from MSO.
Furthermore,OOo can not compensate for the defective and flawed