From: Andy Pepperdine [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2007 2:35 AM
To: users@openoffice.org
Cc: Mike Auffray
Subject: Re: [users] French language accents?

On Monday 12 February 2007 00:08, Mike Auffray wrote:
> Dear O.O. agent/community member:
>
> I have the use of French Language accents in my Windows XP Microsoft
Office
> 2003 under a keyboard setting called "U.S. International" - this gives us
> the use of all accents required by simply setting-up the keyboard without
> losing any of the regular English capabilities of the keyboard.
>
> Could you please direct me to where I could set that up on my Mandriva
2007
> using the O.O. for Linux? Thanks for your so-operation.

This is an OS (or more properly a Window manager) function, not OOo which
just
takes whetever is passed to it. You should probably ask in the Mandriva
forums. However, I've found on KDE on a UK keyboard (Kubuntu Dapper & Suse
9.1 onwards), almost all of the languages based on Latin scripts are
accessible through the AltGr key + another as a dead key to add diacritics
the following key. For example, (AltGr+=) then c is: รง. Gnome *Ubuntu
Dapper)
seems to have a more restricted set of diacritics, but the French ones are
probably already there. But if you do a lot of French, this may not be good
enough for you.

--
Andy Pepperdine

For FAQ, userguide, see: http://documentation.openoffice.org/