-------- Original Message --------
From: Ramon D <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed 14 Feb 2007 13:14:44 EST

> I downloaded open office.org 1.1.5 . I have windows 98se and when I
> try to open the zip file it says ''open with'' and has a drop down
> menu .Do I need to download something to unzip this file with ?Word
> pad doesn't work. Ramon Durigg

A zip file contains one or more other files compressed into one single
file. What you now need is a program to unzip (decompress) the contents
of the zip file. There are many programs that can do this for you. One
that is often recommended for OOo (OpenOffice.org) is called 7-zip and
can be downloaded from http://www.7-zip.org

You might also like to take a look at the installation information on
this page: http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/instructions.html#install

Hope this helps.

Dave
include some indication that you are not subscribed to this list.
(eg. "I am not subscribed to this list, please CC: me.")

For on-line support see: http://support.openoffice.org/index.html
For a knowledge base see: http://mindmeld.cybersite.com.au/