Hi Dan
Thanks for writing.  I had not downloaded the most recent guide just an
older one so now have the newer version.  Haven't had a chance to play with
the newest version of OO yet and am heading out on a trip so it will have to
wait.  Did take a quick look at the chapter you mentioned and it appears to
be the same situation.  I know how to print eps in OO it just takes a lot of
time to set up and do.  So guess I won't get rid of my trusty typewriter
anytime soon.  I have to type far more eps then letters in my job.  I just
was hoping that someone had made this an easy task in OO.  It is in Word and
is why I keep an old version of MSOffice on one CPU.
Judi

On 2/13/07, Dan Lewis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Monday February  12 2007 4:59 pm, Judi F wrote:
> I have been using OO for 4 years for basic office tasks.  I just
> downloaded and installed the latest stable version V 2.1.  I
> immediately found that the terrible problem of printing envelopes
> has still not been addressed.  It is possible but still extremely
> awkward and time wasting.  This is actually what prevents me from
> moving completely to OO.  For this reason alone I must keep a copy
> of MSWord around on every computer I use (5 of them).  With every
> version I have sent a request begging that this issue be resolved.
> I am not a programmer but I am sure that if MS can make it happen
> so easily surely OO people can as well.  I probably type more
> single envelopes than anything else.  To have to use the Insert
> function and then have to wait for a blank piece of paper to be
> ejected before I can print again is mind numbing.
>
> In spite of our increasing use of email it is still necessary to
> type many envelopes per day in the average office.   Oh how I would
> love to see this function enabled in Open Office. I really can't
> recommend it fully to other desk workers without this option.
> Please, please, please.
>
> Judi Freed

     Have you looked at the chapter on printing in the Writer Guide at
http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/oooauthors2/? It is
chapter 5. You might find the chapter on Mail Merge also important.
You can download the entire Writer Guide or some of the individual
chapters if you choose to do so. The part of printing envelopes
begins on page 5 of Chapter 5 in the Writer Guide.

Dan

--
NEVER ENOUGH TIME