*From:* Porter, Jay (ROC-JA)
*Sent:* Friday, February 16, 2007 1:22 PM
*To:* '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
*Subject:* RE: [users] Microsoft Word cannot read Open Office

Thank you.

Jay

*From:* [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
*Sent:* Friday, February 16, 2007 1:14 PM
*To:* users@openoffice.org
*Cc:* Porter, Jay (ROC-JA)

Very true. There are multiple easy ways to avoid this problem, though:

1. If the recipient does not need to edit it (only needs to view or print it), probably the best method is to send the file as a pdf.

2. Or you can save the file in an MS Word format. (File > Save As)

3. You can save the file in a "universal" format like txt or rtf.

4. You can suggest that your recipient obtains OpenOffice.org.