Look under File/New

/$

2007/2/18, Jeffrey George <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Hello everyone.   New to Mac, and new here too.

This is going to seem like a stupid question, but when I installed
OpenOffice on my new Mac Pro, I could only find the text
editor....... not any of the other applications?   I am brand new to
Mac, but here's what I did:

* Downloaded the correct version
* Installed X11
* Double-clicked the downloaded file
* Double-clicked the OpenOffice icon
~~~ Open Office installed (quickly), and asked me about fonts ~~~
* Told it to use the installed Mac fonts

Then, the "Writer" opened.   So....... where are the other
applications?   When I go under my "Applications" folder, I see
"OpenOffice.Org.2.1", but when I double-click it, it automatically
brings up the Writer?

Could someone give me some kindergarten-level instructions on what to
do with the file after I download it?   (Actually, there are 2 files
on my desktop..... "OpenOffice.org", and
"OOo_2.1.0_MACOSXIntel_Install_en_-US.dmg"

Appreciate any help.  Thanks!