Harold Fuchs wrote:
On Wednesday, February 21, 2007 1:10 PM [GMT+1=CET],
James Knott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Harold Fuchs wrote:

I didn't know Excel could do drawings. In OpenOffice I'd use "Draw".
Or possibly Impress (the OpenOffice competitor to Powerpoint).

I knew someone who was using Excel to create a road map, by using cell
borders to draw the roads etc.

Yes, it's amazing. Another user in this list sent an attachment showing an org chart done with cell borders. I did once see John Conway's Game of Life programmed in a spreadsheet (Visicalc? Lotus 123? forgotten) but at least that's mathematical/formulaic. As I said to that other user, it would never have occurred to me to even contemplate using a spreadsheet for drawings.

"When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail."

Some people just *like* pain.

///Peter