I've tried with the Basque files and I can see a Basque entry in the 'Edit Modules' dialog (Tools>Options...) but then, there is no checkbox corresponding to the files OOo should see (the Spelling should be visible).

Could it be a problem linked to the fact that this is a MySpell format instead of HunSpell ? It should be compatible however.

I've seen a discussion about dics format here : http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/dict-common-dev/2006-December/000708.html

Perhaps you could contact those people and ask if they've an opinion about that.

You can also try to post on the OOo forum here : http://www.oooforum.org/

Good luck !
Hagar.
Yes, I saw that already, that there was no checkbox. I have been looking also in the hunspell stuff, but saw no differences between the other installed dicts, the makeup seems the same. I looked at the debian site, no answers as such, more discussion about the place where to put the dicts, not my concern. Will keep digging, will also ask at that other forum you mention.

Thanks so far,
Dutch Kind