Ronald Van den Briel escribió:
I work on a Dell Dimension 8300 running on Microsoft XP (2).  Internet
connection is very good (cable).
Although the download started well, it freezes 1 second before the end. The icon showing that data transfert is going on is still moving from one side to the other of that little window. Its still indicating that 1 second is needed to fullfil the action. The speed of data transfert is also freezed. Looking to mij network connection, I see that bytes (very little) are still exchanged.

It looks a lot like some antivirus program is analysing the file before letting the download complete.

¿Are you using antivirus/spyware software?

If you do, you can try some other AV program, order an openoffice CD, or download the file from another computer. I don't recommend to disable AV software while conected to the net.

Javier.