-------- Original Message --------
From: Vinny LoGuidice <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed 07 Mar 2007 03:16:53 EST

> Hello
>
> I just downloaded as I am looking to add Word to my computer.  Now I
> have a lot of different icons and info on my desktop.  Do I need all
> this info?  Most importantly how do I find Word here?  Thanks a
> bunch.  Please advise.
>
> Vincent LoGuidice

Firstly OOo (OpenOffice.org) is not Microsoft Office, so it does not
have Word. OOo is an office suite and contains similar programs.
The OOo equivalents are:
        Writer = Word
        Calc = Excel
        Impress = Powerpoint
        Base = Access

>From your description, it is not clear if you have run the installation
program, but the fact that you have a lot of icons on the desktop
suggests that you may have already done this.
Go to your "Start -> All Programs" menu and see if you have the new
programs listed there. If so, then you can delete all of those new icons
from your desktop.
If you haven't installed the program, read the instructions
here:http://download.openoffice.org/2.1.0/instructions.html
There is also a link to an "Extensive setup guide" on that page.

Hope this helps.

Dave
include some indication that you are not subscribed to this list.
(eg. "I am not subscribed to this list, please CC: me.")

For on-line support see: http://support.openoffice.org/index.html
For a knowledge base see: http://mindmeld.cybersite.com.au/