On Tuesday March  06 2007 5:04 pm, Kirsten Chevalier wrote:
> I have an OpenOffice document that contains some images that are
> stored remotely (on the Web) that are represented as xlink objects
> in the document. (I got this by copying-and-pasting a long document
> with inline images in it, from Firefox.) Is there a way to
> automatically save all of the images locally and update the links
> within the document accordingly? Not only do I need the document to
> be self-contained, fetching the images is unreasonably slow, and OO
> doesn't seem to cache them (e.g., it's extremely slow to scroll to
> one of the images and then just as slow the next time).
>
> This is OO.org 2.1 (Ubuntu Linux).
>
> Thanks in advance.

     It depends upon what type of document you pasted the images into.
If it is in HTML format, then the answer is no. The best you can do
is to save all of the images locally in a folder and modify the HTML
document to show where the images are now.
     If it is a text document, then there is a simple way to do this.
Use Edit > Link to open the Edit Links window. At the bottom right of
this window is the button: Break Link. Since you want to embed all of
the images, highlight all of the images. Then click the Break Link
button. All of these images will now be part of the document the next
time you save it.

Dan