Rick Bilonick wrote:
I have a Greek letter with a subscript. Sometimes at the end of a line,
the subscript will move to the next line. For example, instead of
"s1" (where s is sigma), I get:

1

How can I keep these together on the same line? It must be something
simple I'm missing.

Inserting a Unicode no-width no break character should work. This is Unicode character U+2060 which is defined to act as glue to stick adjoining characters together.

You can insert this through the menu Insert -> Formatting Mark -> No-width no break or by pressing ALT+I G B.

Jallan