Stuart McGraw wrote:

<snip>
Dia, for example, (which I use for some of my documentation) has command
line options to do an export, so in my makefile I can have Dia update its
.png file is it's needed.  But for Writer, although I see command line options
print a document, there doesn't seem to be any command line options to export
a document.

I was hoping there were such options, or would soon be such options, or
there was some other way to do this.  It would be unfortunate if OO documents
can't be integrated into a project build system. I don't want to go back to text READMEs!

<snip>

Not too sure of my ground here:

If you can print an OpenOffice document from the command line, install a PDF "pseudo printer" and print it to that. I use PDFCreator, free from http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/ but I've also come across PDF995, also free, at http://www.pdf995.com/ The latter has a smaller footprint but has "nagware" advertisements.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England