On 03/07/2007 01:53 PM, Harold Fuchs wrote:

> Unfortunately it seems that there is no way of contacting the forum
> administrator without knowing the e-mail address *and* password with
> which you registered. My only suggestion is that you create a new e-mail
> address, preferably on Gmail, and register it with a password you take
> care to remember - you *are* asked for it twice to ensure you don't make
> typing mistakes.

Now that is just bizarre.

1. "Unfortunately it seems that there is no way of contacting the forum
administrator without knowing the e-mail address *and* password with
which you registered." Cite please?

2. "My only suggestion is that you create a new e-mail
address, preferably on Gmail". Are you serious? Why on earth would
*anyone* consider creating a new email address, let alone a Google
"archive my correspondence for life e-mail address", simply because they
are having problems with a OOo registration?

The proper method for contacting the list administrator, according to
http://www.openoffice.org/mail_list.html is by sending an email to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and in this case
[EMAIL PROTECTED] according to the links on
http://www.openoffice.org/mail_list.html if the user is having problems
with a mailing list subscription problem. If the OP signed up for the
gmane news feed (still no password required), then
http://gmane.org/faq.php will suffice.

So, perhaps I'm confused... it would be appreciated if you could adivse
otherwise :-)