TomW wrote:
> Richard C. Steffens wrote:
>> If I enter values in several cells in a row, moving from cell to cell
>> with the <TAB> key, when I hit the <ENTER> key in Excel I am placed in
>> the cell on the next row that is just below the cell I started in. Is
>> there a way to cause this behavior in OO-Calc?
>>

> I was able to obtain a similar behavior by placing the "Crtl+Left Arrow"
> followed by a "Down Arrow" keyboard shortcuts in a macro and assigning
> it to a new keyboard shortcut "Shift+Enter"

Interesting. It almost does what I want. If I reverse the order, i.e.
start with <Down Arrow> and follow with <Ctrl Left Arrow> I get close to
what I want. It has the added advantage of having it work even if I
didn't tab to the last cell. <Ctrl+Left Arrow> stops when it encounters
data. For my application this will work most of the time, since there is
almost always some data in the cell to the left of the one I want to go
to, and rarely any data to the right of that cell.

Thanks for the idea.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens