On Friday March  09 2007 9:27 am, 1adam12 wrote:
> *     I am using version 2.0 of OpenOffice.org. My problem is : how to
> get spell check to work in outlook express.
> *     Outlook express help says I need Microsoft word, is there a way
> to get it to use the open office writer spell check
> *     Email me at HYPERLINK
> "mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]"[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> *

     No, you can not use OpenOffice.org to do your spell checking for
Outlook Express directly. Actually, you have some alternatives
though. First, you could write the message using OOo and then cut and
paste it into OE. Secondly, you could download a program which will
work with OE to do the spell checking. You can obtain a free spell
check program for Outlook Express from
http://www.justlocal.com.au/clients/oespellcheck/.
      OOo has a Send Email function which I have used at times.
(File > Send). To use this, create the document in OOo first and then
use File > Send. It opens your email client (in your case, OE), it
makes the document into an attachment, you fill in the recipient's
email address, and you click the Send button.

Dan