Vincent A Juliano wrote:

> I have been using OO.2.1 for  about 6 months or more, this is on a
> MacIntosh  Power mac G5.  This morning I tried to open it and it and
> it didn't open.  The Icon in the dock bounced up and down but the X11
> did not open nor did Open Office and after awhile a dialogue box came
> up and said more or less that the attempt had " Timed Out"    I tried
> several times to open OO.2.1 but failed each time with the same
> result.
>
> With this paltry information can someone suggest  a fix that I might
> use OO  again.  I'm so pleased with it.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Vince

Your user settings folder could be the problem.  Renaming it will cause OOo
to create a new folder (if it starts).  You could ask on the Mac list,
provided you've checked the FAQs (horrible things which answer a lot of
other questions) first.  There should be information about the list on the
Mac support page: http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/support.html