Thank you very very much for your help :)) Everything is ok now :)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Harold Fuchs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@openoffice.org>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2007 4:30 AM
Subject: Re: [users] constant registration request :(

Aga wrote:
Hi,

I am using version 2.1 PL of OpenOffice.org. Right after instalation I went through registration process. My problem is that everytime I open OO.org application it asks me to go through registration again :( It's really very annoying. Could you tell me what can I do to get rid of this problem, please?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Agnieszka R.

Try this.

Shut down OpenOffice *and* the Quickstarter (that's important).

Navigate to the folder C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\OpenOffice.org2\user\registry\data\org\openoffice

where "<username>" is your Windows logon user name.

In that folder is a file name "Setup.xcu".

Rename this file to something that does *not* end with ".xcu", for example "Setup_xcu.old".

Start OpenOffice. You might be faced with the registration question. If so, click "already registered". Shut down OpenOffice.

Now you should be in good shape; the registration question should not happen again.

You may now delete the file you renamed above; a new Setup.xcu will have been created - leave it as is.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England