I recently installed OpenOffice 2.1 on my Macbook (Intel dual core CPU,
512 MB RAM, OS X 10.4 "Tiger" operating system). Apparently I need a JRE
("java runtime environment") in order to use the BASE application. I
looked carefully at the OpenOffice web site, at the Sun Java website,
and at the Apple Java website, but I haven't found yet what I need. I am
a relatively unsophisticated user of open source software. I hope one of
you will be able to get me going! Thanks in advance,

Dan Willis

Daniel Willis

Mathematics, Engineering, and Computer Science

Loras College

1450 Alta Vista Street

Dubuque, IA  52001

Phone: (563) 588-7708