On Monday March  12 2007 9:26 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> to openoffice
>                     I have installed from your disk openoffice.org
> 2.0 and when i try to use the  headers and footers in writer itn
> says rhat they are default, could you please  tell me why i am
> having this problem. I am running windows xp, and it is a  laptop
> that i am using and the laptop is almost two weeks old so it is not
> an  old computer.
>
>                         thankyou very much
>                                 from
>
>                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]

     Click Insert to open a menu, click Footer in that menu , and then
click Default which shows up as an additional menu. The footer should
then appear at the bottom of the page.
     OpenOffice.org uses styles for creating documents. This includes
9 page styles. (More pages styles can be created if needed.) You are
using the Default page style, so that is why Default is the only
listing when you click Footer in the Insert menu. If you were using
more than one page style, all the page styles would be listed.

Dan