John R. Sowden wrote:
On Sun March 11 2007 19:34, TerryJ wrote:
John R. Sowden wrote:
The following formula stopped working when I started a new sheet for
2007. The part that is not working is the test of the cell I7.  I have
tried changign teh format to general, number and text.  No change.  The
only way I
can get the formula to work is if I put a reference in I7, such as "=A1"
another cell with the "E" in it.  This formula is used in a cash flow
analysis sheet.

=IF(I7="E";L6+F7-G7;L6+F7)

tia,
--
John R. Sowden
Does the formula still work in another location or on another sheet or in

Different location-same sheet: Formula works
Different Sheet-same file: Formula works
Different file: not performed based on above
Same sheet-point to a different test cell: formula works

Seems to be pointing to format of the test cells in their collumn

Hope this helps

I can recreate the len() and formula issue on the cell in question. i.e I get a length of 2 and the 'if' function to return the wrong answer.

It will give a length of 2 if there is another cell in the same column that contains 'E<space>. When you then enter E in your input cell, the autofill function will also add the space after the E. This will cause the 'if' function to respond with the 'false' condition.

TomW