On Wed, 2007-03-14 at 13:00 -0400, Joe Smith wrote:

> I'm not sure this is the best way to approach the issue. I don't know if
> Writer pays any attention to a "print size" specification in an image.
> AFAIK the only two parameters that matter are the pixel size of the
> image and the display size in the Writer document. The image determines
> the pixel size; Writer determines (based on the user's instructions) the
> display size.

Writer will import any graphic at the specified "Print Size" regardless
of the "Screen Size" - For instance if you have a "2048x2048" pixel size
graphic image, but the Print Size is set at 3.4 inches (square) at
600dpi - Writer will insert the image within the document at 3.4 inches
square at 600dpi.

I personally usually always re-size the "print size" of all of my images
(within GIMP) to ensure I have a good Print Output before importing
them.  I was just wondering if Writer would do this automatically when
you adjust the image size (increase the resolution while decreasing the
image size), this would alleviate the extra step.

Now that I think about it, I guess I could just try it and see :-)

Thanks,
Mike Petersen