Manfred J. Krause a écrit :
Hi Nomax, *,

Nomax wrote:
dorothy kennedy a écrit :
Hi - Is it possible to open and save Word 2007 documents in Openoffice.org?
I can't seem to find how to do it. [...]

You can open/save Word 2007 documents in OpenOffice.org 2.1 but you must install a plug-in first. You can download it here: http://download.novell.com/SummaryFree.jsp?buildid=ESrjfdE4U58%7E Download "odfconverter-1.0.0-2.oxt" if you're using Windows or "odf-converter-1.0.0-5.i586.rpm" if you're using Linux.

You'll find installation instructions on this page: http://www.novell.com/documentation/openwg/esd/di_ooo_openxml_translator.html

[...]

You are sure? You have tried it out?

IMO it doesn't work in general - because it seems, you need the
_Novell_ edition of OOo; see system requirements:
The OpenOffice.org OpenXML Translator requires the following versions
of OpenOffice.org:
* OpenOffice.org 2.0.4 or later Novell edition for Windows [...]

As I remember, there's a similar notice in a readme file.

Regards -
Manfred

Hi Manfred,

I installed it on vanilla OpenOffice.org 2.1 and now have the "*Microsoft Word 2007 Document (*.docx)*" option in both "open" and "save as" dialogs in Writer. I saved as a test document in this format and opened it afterward with success. So *yes it works!!!* Unfortunately, I don't have files saved in Word 2007 (I know nobody who has Office 2007) so I can't verify with a native MS OpenXML document.

Whatever, don't be afraid to try it. It's not a heavy download and it works for me on a standard OpenOffice.org 2.1 so why it wouldn't for you?

Regards,
             Nomax.

--
Arcade Belgium - http://www.arcadebelgium.be/