Why is it that Writer doesn't display header information for documents it saves
in MS Word format?  Obviously the header information is still present (not lost
during the save) if the header information appears intact when re-opened using
Word.

I've tried to re-create your issue but cannot. When I create a
document in writer then save as .doc, and reopen in writer all the
headers are fine.

If you want to send a copy of a document (off list) that displays this
problem I'll have a look for you if you wish...

/paul

--
Vista is "dramatically more secure than any other operating system
released" Bill Gates